Level 2 – Training Turnout in Tiny Dancers – Self-Guided Option
Can’t make it to one of the live workshops,? Why not work through this unique course at your own pace?! Lisa and Beverly have worked hard to film all of the exercises in this program for online delivery.
The Self-Guided version of the Training Turnout in Tiny Dancers course includes:
– The full course manual in PDF (with an option to upgrade to the hard copy)
– Access to over 100+ pre-recorded videos of the course content, carefully organised for optimal learning
– Access to videos of a recent online workshop if you wish to work through the content as you would on the live course
– A comprehensive set of worksheets to make applying the work to the classroom effortless and fun.
– CEC Accreditation – After completing this workshop, you will be emailed the CEC Accreditation Application Form, which is designed as an overview of the online course in order for you to appropriately claim CEC credits with your governing body for 16 hours of education.
Our Training Turnout in Tiny Dancers is specifically designed for dance teachers working with dancers under eight years of age
This online workshop is specifically designed for dance teachers! Please note that this course is a stand-alone course and does not require you to take the Level One workshop prior to attending. However, we highly recommend you familiarise yourself with the Leap ‘N Learn philosophy and Lisa’s approach prior to attending the workshop.
Many teachers struggle with hip pain and injuries in their adolescent dancers, but few realise how much of this stems from the training that children had in their early years. Some students seem blessed with lots of range but lack the ability to control it, while others constantly struggle with the mobility of their hips. This makes training a group of students a constant challenge.
In this systematic and comprehensive approach to training turnout in tiny dancers, Lisa and Beverly provide dance teachers with direct techniques to use in class to safely develop optimal range and control of motion in all dance students.
During this course, we aim to train teachers to work with their tiny dancers by exploring:
- Visualisation and pretend play
- The physical development of young students
- The importance of crawling
- Anatomical variations and other factors that may affect physicality
- Safe stretches for young dancers
We then look at a 5 stage program designed for students aged 4-8 to gradually prepare them for the demands of dance training. This includes:
- Encouraging natural development of core stability
- Sustained balance on one leg
- Awareness of rotation from the hip
- Cross body patterning
- Introduction of more formal ballet training
- Maintaining turnout through movement
This course delves into the delicate art of training turnout, exploring safe ways to develop both range and control in young hips, preparing them for higher level work in the future. All good learning is laid down in layers; we explore what concepts need to be introduced at what ages and how to practice this in class. This course is perfect for teachers who are looking to incorporate the right preparatory exercises into their tiny dancer classes to help them develop correctly and avoid injury in their hips.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.