Level 2 – Pointe Intensive – Self-Guided Option – The Perfect Pointe System
‘The Perfect Pointe System’ takes the science of dance medicine out of the text book and into the classroom! Enjoy the combination of anatomical and scientific research in a clear and easy-to-use format to transform your teaching of pointe work to young students. Having an in-depth pre-pointe preparation and assessment process at your studio can make all the difference with your students success en Pointe.
The Perfect Pointe System is the Self-Guided version of our Level 2 Pointe Intensive course, which is available as in Online course or in person at select locations each year. This course is designed for both Dance Teachers & Health Professionals working with dancers, to give you the most up-to-date advice in the industry, to help you understand your students needs, analyse their differences, and help them succeed en Pointe.
- Price displayed in AUD
- $350 AUD is approximately equal to $230 USD
- Please check xe.com to convert to your local currency or check daily currency conversion
- Price displayed excludes GST (Applies to Australian residents only)
By ticking this box, I understand that any of the material gained from these workshops can exclusively be used for the educational purposes of my teaching. Redistribution of this material for profit, either electronically or physically, is not allowed.
- Learn a comprehensive process of pre-pointe assessment!
- Gain confidence and the understanding of how best to prepare a student for pointe work!
- See your student’s progress at accelerated rates!
- Advance your knowledge under the clear simple guidance of a leading Dance Physical Therapist!
The Perfect Pointe System includes in-depth explanations of over 25 special tests ensuring comprehensive screening to guarantee a safe progression onto pointe. However the manual is just the beginning! The Perfect Pointe System is a complete package to give you all of the information needed to safely guide your students onto pointe.
The Exclusive Online Members Area Includes :
- Lifetime access to over 100 videos explaining the process and each exercise in detail
- A section on preparation for pointe, including class plans for optimal development in the years leading up the assessment
- Access to all of the PDF files you need to make the most of this system, including:
- The full Course Manual
- Our unique pre-pointe assessment sheets with a simple marking system that you can use to frequently assess your students’ progress
- Variations of the assessment sheets for visual learners
- A mini assessment for quick check ups
- A Student Workbook to encourage independent learning
- An “Ideas for Integration” PDF and class plans to help seamlessly integrate the system into your studio
- Videos of the Online delivery of the Level 2 Pointe Intensive workshop
- Footage of a case study applying the system of assessment to an older student returning to pointe following an injury
- In depth discussion of other factors that must be considered when progressing students onto pointe – ie: Age and Skeletal Maturity, Hyper-mobility, Height, Weight and Maturity.
- Advice on fitting pointe shoes and safe beginner pointe exercises.
– Brittany Gacek, Elite Academy of Dance, Illinois USA